Friday, January 4, 2013

End of a Vacation

It's been awhile since my last post, but that's what a good vacation does. Keeps you from posting on a blog.

I can hardly believe that school is starting back up on Monday. I am not really ready for it to. That probably has a lot to do with my wonderful vacation I have had.

Christmas and New Years were wonderful! I spent a lot of time with my family! I got a lot of really nice gifts for Christmas. I was also able to go skiing 5 times (that was one of my Christmas gifts)! I love skiing, and even though the coverage was a little spotty, the quality of the snow was amazing everytime I went up! My family and I ski at Winter Park but really on Mary Jane side of the resort. If you don't know, that is where all of the fantastic bumps are! It is ranked very high for its moguls and we love it. I am not ready for my season to be over, but I have a lot of other things to do now here in Provo.

I got to go see Pitch Perfect and Wreck it Ralph at the theaters with two different friends. They were both great movies. Pitch Perfect was very amusing and the a capella singing was really cool. I was in an a capella group last year, and it is really fun. Unfortunately for my group, I am not experienced and not as good as the people in this movie are, and so I never sounded like them. It was a super fun experience, and I learned a lot from the others in my group. This movie made me miss singing a capella. While there was one character I found unnecessary, the overall cast and storyline were entertaining and very fun. Wreck it Ralph was also very fun to watch, and not quite what I expected, it goes into an arcade system and tells the story of how the "bad guy" in an arcade game comes to grips with his role. It was cute, and fun. A good movie for all ages I believe.

My brother and sister-in-law were able to come visit with my niece as well! She is 5 months old, and just such a cutie! I am a huge fan of babies, and so I tried to hold her as much as they would allow me, while trying not to hog her, I know the rest of my family loved to hold her as well. It was really great to have their family with us. We played a lot of games together, like Bananagrams! It's like scrabble but you play on your own words, and try and use all the letters you get before everyone else. You can also rearrange as much as you want. It is very fast paced, and Brandon and Andrea are very good at it so there was a lot of exasperation at trying to keep up at first.

I removed a mole from my face, and got the stitches out yesterday, so now I just have to tend to the scar. It wasn't anything dangerous, just ugly. I am really excited that it is gone.

There was a lot of other great things I was able to do this break too, but that's the basics. I am excited to be back in Provo, but school is always a little hard. Here's to a good semester though!

No comments:

Post a Comment