Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Tumble of Thoughts

I apologize if this post seems to be rather jumpy, but it's how the thoughts are coming.

I have been thinking a lot about what to post in this blog regularly, and I'm still not positive, but I just want a place to post my thoughts on my life.

Today, I was reading some postings on the web about Michelle Obama's dress choice for the inauguration, and something surprised me about the comments. The picture was of her in the dress and then a picture of a Romulan (Star Trek) photoshopped on the top half of her dress. The pattern of the dress and the Romulan outfit are very similar. It was the comments that surprised me though, the person who posted the picture was republican, and somehow that meant they were being mean because they have different political ideas. My thought was that I think a lot of Republicans look weird sometimes too, so my dislike of Michelle's dress had nothing to do with her being liberal. I found the picture amusing for merely the fact that the dress was not attractive, and could've been mistaken for the Star Trek outfit if it was a little thicker, and maybe slightly shiny. In my mind people jump to the conclusion that you are judging the person and simply because she is the president's wife makes me look at the dress in a displeasing manner. It is sad to me that that is how the world has turned. We cannot just have opinions on clothing or other minor things without having a poor opinion of the person behind them.

So off of that horse.

Martin Luther King day allowed us to have a long weekend off of school. I got to sleep in, and make pancakes every morning. My older brother came to visit me, and we had a lot of fun. I made fish for the first time, salmon and tilapia, which turned out better than I expected. Then we went and watched Taken 2. I was worried that it was just going to be a remake of the first one, but it really wasn't, and I really enjoyed it. It was intense, just like the first one. Liam Neeson beat people up like crazy. Then we came back, and played video games. Sunday we had pancakes, and then went to church. It was a great day. We had desserts at a ward party and just had a good day. Monday my brother left at noon, but we went and played some bowling before that, which is always really fun. I then went to work and then had FHE with my Family Home Evening Group. We played a game called "not so musical chairs." Super fun, and an easy way to break some barriers in a completely not weird way.

I started working at the MTC cafeteria last week. I am in the dishroom, which can be dirty and wet, but I really like it so far. It is going to be very helpful with my finances. Everyone I've met there is really nice too, so that is always a bonus. The jobs are repetitive, and in the "pit" it is rushed, and a little stressful.

Life is good, basically.

No comments:

Post a Comment